Mission statement: To provide a neutral space where pupils are valued as individuals, supporting their diverse needs and interests, and developing their literacy skills and enjoyment of reading.
- To develop and foster a love of reading.
- To develop and enhance independent learning skills.
- Provide access to reading materials which support the emotional, leisure and wider needs of students.
- Provide high quality and wide ranging books and electronic resources to support the whole curriculum.
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment
- To have a positive impact on literacy standards.
Currently pupils are allowed to borrow 2 books at one time for a period of 14 days. One of these books should be a colour band book unless they are a free reader and the other a free choice. For their second book, pupils should be encouraged to browse a variety of fiction and non-fiction texts by a range of authors. It is vital that the second book is their choice at it’s crucial for developing a passion for reading. If they are unable to find a book of interest they should be encouraged to fill in a ‘In the library I would like…’ slip which can be found upstairs or talk to the Librarian.
What do we have on the Library Bus?
We have a range of resources and facilities available, including;
- A range of over 3,000 fiction and non-fiction books
- Books for teens
- Wide selection of graphic novels.
- Audio books
- Information on careers and colleges
- Magazines and newspapers
- Quizzes, puzzles and games
- Story sacks
- And much more...
Pupils can access the library during their weekly slots and during lunchtimes.