Career Education at Southbrook School
- Pupils in Year 7, 8 and 9 follow a programme of careers education as part of the PSHE specification.
- In Year 9 all pupils meet a Careers South West Advisor and discuss potential Post 16 options and prepare for their options.
- All Year 9, 10 and 11 pupils have the option of attending a transition and careers evening every November. This involves all the local colleges, some employers and outside agencies who offer career, advice and guidance.
- In Year 10 and 11 there is a careers programme that involves pupils engaged in a CIAG activity every third week. This includes talks from college providers, outside speakers or prepared activities.
- All pupils in Year 11 take part in two episodes of work experience tailored to their chosen destination Post 16 and possible future career. Some Year 10’s also do some work experience but this is done on an individual basis.
- All pupils in Year 10 and 11 are given the option of taking part in the 14-16 college option and also the L2W programme. This is aimed at promoting skills and also helping pupils in the transition to college Post 16.